10 Reasons Why Law Students Should Join the International Section
In March 2022, the International Section participated in a law student roundtable discussion that provided current law students with a better understanding on the experiences, rewards, and challenges practicing attorneys have faced in the industry while offering insight on the various career opportunities available.
From this discussion the panelists, Edward K. Lenci, Esq. (Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP) and Azish Filabi, Esq. (The American College), compiled 10 reasons why law students should join the International Section:
- Meet lawyers, both new and experienced, actively engaged in a diverse array of international practice.
- Expand the scope of your own law practice to international practice, enabling a broader reach.
- Become part of a high-profile global thought leader.
- Learn about legal systems around the world.
- Attend meetings in exciting locations, such as the 2022 Spring Meeting in Madrid, and the 2022 Global Meeting in London
- Organize and/or speak at webinars in an area of your interest.
- Find writing opportunities, such as submitting to the International Law Practicum.
- Participate in one of over 25 committees on substantive law, such as Art Law; Cross-border M&A and Joint Ventures; and Social Finance and Enterprise. Check out the list here.
- Work hard and become vice-chair and then chair of a committee in an area of your interest.
- Make a difference (for example: the NYSBA Ukraine Task Force is making a difference within the Section and is working on different initiatives to help Ukraine).
For more information and resources for law students, please visit nysba.org/lawstudent