Social media is becoming one of the primary means of communicating in our ever-growing world of e-commerce. The mission of the Committee on Social Media is multi-faceted and includes:
- Using social media to promote the work of the New York State Bar Association, the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section and the Committee on Social Media by providing Section members current information about the Section, including CLEs and important legal developments.
- Educating Section members about the risks and benefits of using social media as part of their law practice and their professional obligations in using social media, including ethical, disciplinary and malpractice issues.
- Educating Section members about “best practices” concerning preservation and collection of social media for use in litigation and investigations, types of social media and its discoverability, and use of social media to prosecute and defend a case.
- Organizing and sponsoring CLEs.
- Monitoring legislative developments.
- Addressing appropriate corporate policies.