REQUEST FOR AWARD NOMINATIONS: ELDER LAW AND SPECIAL NEEDS SECTION AWARDS FOR 2020
2020 Elder Law & Special Needs Award Nominations
The Nominations Committee of the Section on Elder Law and Special Needs of the New York State Bar Association, comprised of immediate past chair Martin Hersh, James Barnes, Veronica Escobar, Ellen Makofsky, Richard Marchese, Jr., and Ira Salzman, seeks nominations for awards to be presented during our Annual Meeting at the New York Hilton Hotel on January, 28, 2020.
The Committee will be seeking nominations in any of the following six (6) categories, although awards may not be presented in all six (6) categories:
(1) To an individual involved in litigation (including a fair hearing) that has advanced the rights of the elderly and persons with disabilities;
(2) To an individual whose actions are in furtherance of the rights of the elderly and persons with disabilities;
(3) To an individual who is considered a “friend to the Section”;
(4) To a member of the judiciary whose positions favor or have favored the practice of Elder Law or the rights of persons with disabilities;
(5) NAELA Senior Award
(6) Lifetime Achievement Award
This form and all supporting items must be postmarked no later than November 1, 2019 OR emailed to [email protected] by that date. If mailed, nominations should be sent to:
Judith D. Grimaldi, Esq.
Grimaldi & Yeung, LLP
9201 4th Avenue, 6th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11209-7006