Appraising Fine Art
This panel discussion is about hiring qualified appraisers of fine and decorative art. The program will address the following questions:
• Who is qualified to appraise fine and decorative art?
• What is a qualified appraisal report?
• What happens if you hire an appraiser who is not legally competent or otherwise not qualified as an expert?
• How would hiring a unqualified appraiser that impact your client and your case?
• How would hiring an unqualified appraiser impact your practice?
Please join us for this interesting discussion with Messrs. Desmarais, Rosoff, and McCullough about fine art appraisals and the appraisal profession.
- December 8, 2022
- 1:00 PM
- 1:45 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Judith Prowda, Co-Chair, Stropheus Art Law
- Carol Steinberg, Co-Chair, Law Firm Of Carol J. Steinberg
- Charles T. Rosoff, Speaker, Appraisal Services Associates
- Michael McCullough, Speaker, Cardozo Law School
- Lisa Desmarais, Speaker, The Appraisal Foundation
- Fine Arts Committee
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section