Critical Career Skills For Lawyers Series: Building Your Professional/Personal Brand
This program is free for NYSBA members!
This interactive three-part series focuses on the critical skills that every attorney needs right now: building a brand, developing a network, and communicating and presenting virtually.
The series is led by Deena ‘Fireball’ Baikowitz, dynamic business and career coach, comedian, and founder of Fireball Network Global. You’ll learn from our guest expert, and from each other, and take away tangible skills that you can put to use immediately! You’ll participate in individual and group exercises, and have action items to complete in between each class, to help you improve your skills and achieve results on an ongoing basis.
In our first class, you’ll learn why and how to build your unique and authentic professional and personal brand. You’ll learn how to “show up”, virtually and in person, to make you memorable to peers, colleagues, bosses, and clients. You’ll take away practical steps to tell your career story, describe your accomplishments, convey your personality, and make a powerful impression. Topics include why and how to:
- Use LinkedIn for branding, networking, career management, and business development
- Develop a compelling bio and profile that reflect your unique career portfolio
- Use personal social media for professional branding, and know when and if it’s appropriate
- Leverage NYSBA, alumni groups, and other bar associations and networks to develop and promote your brand
- Promote your brand effectively on group video calls, one on one meetings, and other online events
- Improve your body language, tone of voice, language, and style to show your best self
In our second class, you’ll learn why and how to develop and maintain your professional network. Participants will walk away with practical skills, do’s and don’ts, and an action plan to manage and expand their network.
Participants will learn best practices to:
- Build your confidence, skills and relationships
- Have strategic and substantive conversations
- Organize and prioritize your networking activities, time, and energy
- Be efficient and effective in your follow up actions
- Navigate networking events and conversations in person and virtually
- Leverage LinkedIn and personal social media networks to enhance – but not replace – your professional relationships.
In our third class, you’ll learn why and how to communicate, present, and network with impact during virtual events. Virtual events are the new tools – for now and the future. You’ll learn how to comfortably interact and lead during a variety of situations including, video calls, client presentations, networking events, social activities, and more. Participants will walk away with new critical skills, concepts, and action items. Additional details about the class topics will be announced at a later date.
- November 18, 2020
- 6:30 PM
- 7:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Deena "Fireball" Baikowitz, Fireball Global
- Speaker: Viktoriya Liberchuk, Farrell Fritz
- Speaker: Hamutal G. Lieberman, Helbraun Levey
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education
- Young Lawyers Section
- Commercial & Federal Litigation Section