Forget What You’ve Heard About GDPR
February 25th, 2021: Forget What You've Heard About GDPR
Ireland for Law and the International Section of the New York State Bar Association are pleased to introduce “Forget What You’ve Heard About GDPR” which is geared towards lawyers from any jurisdiction who want to improve their knowledge around EU Data Privacy Law. This webinar will focus on the common misconceptions in the US regarding personal data, the different perspectives between US/EU on data protection, the challenges surrounding the different obligations that apply to US/EU and the role of consent.
- John Cahir, A&L Goodbody
- Oisín Tobin, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Elaine Morrissey, Manager, Legal Counsel ICON plc
- Gerald J Ferguson, Baker & Hostetler LLP
For non-NYSBA members, register here.
Register for the other programs of the webinar series:
Following Brexit, Ireland remains the only English-speaking common law jurisdiction in the EU. Ireland’s laws and courts are the prime alternative for U.S. companies doing business in the EU. Ireland for Law in conjunction with the New York State Bar Association’s International Section is hosting a series of four free and interactive online webinars which will cover Data Privacy, International Arbitration, the Aviation Sector and Financial Services. Each session runs for 1 hour and 15 Minutes from 9AM EST/2pm GMT. Further details will follow shortly.
March 11th, 2021: Ireland and International Arbitration
- Speakers: Paul McGarry SC, The Bar of Ireland & Nicola Dunleavy, Matheson & President of Arbitration Ireland
- Moderator: Edward Lenci, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
March 24, 2021: Aviation Sector
- Speakers: Georgina O’Riordan, McCann Fitzgerald & Mary Ward, William Fry
April 22, 2021: Financial Services
- Speakers: Robert Cain, Arthur Cox & Louise McNabola, William Fry
- Moderator: Howard Fischer, Moses & Singer LLP
- February 25, 2021
- 9:00 AM
- 10:15 AM
- Virtual Participation
- International Section
- Intellectual Property Law Section