Ireland And International Arbitration
March 11th, 2021: Ireland and International Arbitration
Ireland has positioned itself at the forefront of venues for the resolution of international arbitral disputes. As a neutral, common law jurisdiction that is integrated within the EU, Ireland offers incomparable advantages on the world of international dispute resolution. Ireland is now the only member of the European Union that operates a court system that is both English speaking and based on the common law.
- Paul McGarry SC, The Bar of Ireland
- Nicola Dunleavy, Matheson & President of Arbitration Ireland
- Edward Lenci, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
For non-NYSBA members, register here.
Register for the other programs of the webinar series:
Following Brexit, Ireland remains the only English-speaking common law jurisdiction in the EU. Ireland’s laws and courts are the prime alternative for U.S. companies doing business in the EU. Ireland for Law in conjunction with the New York State Bar Association’s International Section is hosting a series of four free and interactive online webinars which will cover Data Privacy, International Arbitration, the Aviation Sector and Financial Services. Each session runs for 1 hour and 15 Minutes from 9AM EST/2pm GMT. Further details will follow shortly.
February 25th, 2021: Forget What You've Heard About GDPR
- Speakers: John Cahir, A&L Goodbody & Oisín Tobin, Mason Hayes & Curran & Elaine Morrissey, Manager, Legal Counsel ICON plc
- Moderator: Gerald J Ferguson, Baker & Hostetler LLP
March 24, 2021: Aviation Sector
- Speakers: Georgina O’Riordan, McCann Fitzgerald & Mary Ward, William Fry
April 22, 2021: Financial Services
- Speakers: Robert Cain, Arthur Cox & Louise McNabola, William Fry
- Moderator: Howard Fischer, Moses & Singer LLP
- March 11, 2021
- 9:00 AM
- 10:15 AM
- Virtual Participation
- International Section
- Dispute Resolution Section
- Intellectual Property Law Section