Legal Careers And The Military
There are many different ways to work to support current and former military members. Whether through serving as part of the JAG Corps, Active duty or Reserves, representing Servicemembers and Veterans in various legal matters from the civilian side or on matter of military law, working for organizations that support Veterans’ needs, like governmental agencies or clinics, or engaging in legislative advocacy on behalf of this worthy community. Also, military services can prepare you for legal positions in the private sector, whether your position in the military was with the JAG Corps or otherwise. Our panelists come from a variety of backgrounds and practice in different manners, all supporting our Servicemembers and Veterans. This program will help law students and newly admitted attorneys as well as others considering considering a change to a career in military law to understand the options that can pursue where legal careers and military intersect.
This is a free informational program. It does not carry MCLE Credit.
- November 17, 2022
- 12:00 PM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Christine Khalili-Borna Clemens, Chisholm, Chisholm, & Kilpatrick
- Eric Duncan, Tully Rinckey PLLC
- Planning Co-Chair: Chad H. Lennon, Tully Rinckey PLLC
- Planning Co-Chair: Jessica Parker, Credit Suisse Group, Chair of the Veteran's Committee
- Benjamin Pomerance, NYS Division of Veterans Affairs
- Brianne Rahn, Brianne Rahn, Esq.
- Charles Zitzmann, Credit Suisse Group
- Committee On Veterans
- Committee On Law Practice Management
- LPM Sub: Lawyers In Transition
- Young Lawyers Section
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education