Mind The Gap: Divergence And Convergence In Sports Law And Business Across The Atlantic
The panel will be a comparative discussion of some of the principal differences in the law and business of sports on both sides of the Atlantic. Areas of divergence to be addressed will include: organization of clubs, leagues and federations; dispute resolution; financing of sport and sponsorship; and regulation of agents and intermediaries. Time permitting, the impact on COVID-19 on professional sports on both sides of the Atlantic will be addressed as well.
The panelists are a distinguished and varied group of sports lawyers, experienced in the world of sports law and business. Their collective experience as athletes, club executives and legal department heads, internal league counsel and private practitioners familiar with practice and practices in the area of sports on both sides of the Atlantic will provide for a lively and informative comparative interchange on a topic that tends to attract universal attention but is often understood only locally.
Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section
Madrid Bar Association (ICAM)
- November 4, 2020
- 12:00 PM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Moderator: Mr. Iñigo de LaCalle, Senn Ferrero Sports & Entertainment
- Speaker: Ms. Jill Pilgrim, Pilgrim & Associates
- Speaker: Ms. Nicole Santiago, Pinto Ruiz & Del Valle, Slp
- Speaker: Mr. Maheta Molango, Baker and McKenzie
- Speaker: Mr. Jose Manuel Maza, Arbitrator, Court of Arbitration for Sport
- International Section
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section