Responding To Ransomware Attacks
Ransomware attacks have been on the rise lately around the world. As these attacks are evolving to carry out a double extortion (both for the return of the cryptography key and for not having data disclosed or sold in the dark web), legal implications surrounding data protection and criminal aspects also grow exponentially.
This panel intends to address how to respond to a ransomware attack and what are key elements to look after in an attack that involves more than one jurisdiction based on New York or U.S. law and Brazil law.
- September 30, 2021
- 8:00 AM
- 9:00 AM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Bernardo Weaver, BMA Advogados, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Speaker: Felipe Palhares, BMA Advogados, São Paulo, Brazil
- Speaker: Jonathan S. Kolodner, Cleary Gottlieb, New York, USA
- Program Chair: Helen Naves, HNaves Advogados, São Paulo, Brazil
- Program Chair: Cauê Myanaki, Pinheiro Neto Advogados, São Paulo, Brazil
- International Section