Self-Compassion: Freedom From the Inner Critic for Happiness, Productivity, and Resilience
Self-Compassion: Freedom from the Inner Critic for Happiness, Productivity, and Resilience
Research suggests that self-compassion is the key to happiness, productivity, and resilience while a strong inner critic leads to procrastination, anxiety, and burnout.
Please join this workshop to better understand what self-compassion is, the science of self-compassion, and how to practice it on a daily basis.
Some of the topics we will address include:
- How does self-compassion impact the body and brain?
- Why does self-compassion increase levels of energy, ignite creativity, and help protect from burnout?
- How is self-compassion different from self-indulgence or self-esteem?
- Where does the inner critic come from and what is the alternative for a more helpful voice in our head?
- How can we cultivate self-compassion on a daily basis?
Elizabeth Pyjov takes a scientific, evolutionary perspective on the inner critic to uncover how the inner critic was created, what purpose it serves, and how we can transform harsh judgments into wise discernments.
We will use psychological strategies, wisdom from ancient cultures, and meditation to break free from a harsh inner voice, finding empowering ways to think about the past, present, and future.
- May 16, 2023
- 6:00 PM
- 7:00 PM
- Virtual Participation