A Guide To Diversity & Inclusion In The 21st Century Workplace, Sec. Ed (eBook)
- Professor Michael L. Fox
This book provides the reader a concise reference on the major issues of diversity and inclusion by evaluating federal and New York State laws and regulations that protect against discrimination, retaliation and harassment in employment. Through this evaluation, attorneys, judges, and students will gain an understanding not just of the requirements of the law, but also a respect for diversity. Business professionals, particularly those in human resource management, can rely on this book to better understand their obligations, recognize potential issues, and articulate what they need to discuss with counsel.
The Second Edition includes coverage of the following topics:
- State and federal anti-discrimination, antiharassment and anti-retaliation provisions, including 2019 amendments to New York’s laws;
- The U.S. Supreme Court’s groundbreaking 2020 decision in Bostock v. Clayton County, which addresses sexual orientation and gender identity;
- EEOC hearings and the importance of maintaining clear employer policies and concurrent paperwork;
- Federal and state leave laws;
- Website accessibility for those with disabilities;
- The impact of COVID-19 on employment practices.
The book also includes specific scenarios and hypotheticals to illustrate how the concepts discussed throughout the book work in practice.
- October 15, 2020
- 286 pages