AM2022 The Ethics of Freelance Legal Services
Topics to be Included:
- What are the Attributes of a Freelance lawyer? What types of services?
- Review of the Ethical Rules to be observed by the Hiring Lawyer or Firm
- What Duties of Confidentiality must be observed? What Fiduciary Duties?
- Conflicts of Interest: What should each side be required to disclose?
- How to appropriately limit access of the Freelance lawyer to other firm matters
- Benefits of hiring a Freelance Lawyer
- Benefits of Being the Freelance Lawyer
- Does the Freelance lawyer form an attorney client relationship with the underlying client?
- Confirmation of Independent Contractor Status.
- Supervisory responsibilities: what should be required ethically?
- Freelance vs. “unbundled” legal Services
- Pleadings required in some jurisdictions for limited-scope representation
- Best Practices to observe in Freelance Services
Claude E. Ducloux, Board-Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Civil Appellate Law, by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Member Price: Free Join (or renew) for special member pricing
Non-Member Price: $25.00
- January 24, 2022
- Online On-Demand
Ethics and Professionalism Credit(s):