Construction Site Personal Injury Litigation, Third Edition (eBook)
- Thomas F. Segalla, Esq. and the Goldberg Segalla Construction Practice Group
Construction Site Personal Injury Litigation covers all aspects of claims brought under New York Labor Law §§ 200, 240(1) and 241(6). Since these statutory obligations are not based on fault, even the most experienced attorney must carefully scrutinize an injured worker's eligibility to proceed under one of these statutes. In fact, the Jury Verdict Reporter’s highest verdicts regularly include § 240 cases. With the stakes this high, understanding this law is crucial for all parties litigating these cases.
In the Third Edition, the authors have updated traditional concepts and analyzed the changes in interpretation that have occurred over the past few years, as well as the impact that the pandemic has had on the relevant statutory sections. The Third Edition covers topics such as:
- Pleading and proving the necessary elements of a cause of action;
- Preparing for the motion for summary judgment;
- Construction accident investigation and handling discovery;
- Insured coverage issues and indemnification;
- Recent key appellate case summaries to give the reader an overview of and update on the pertinent issues and their continual evolution.
Also included is a new chapter covering OSHA inspections and enforcement actions, including employer requirements in general, guidance for taking COVID precautions and the impact of OSHA violations on civil litigation.
- March 5, 2021
- 604 pages