Deep Dive into the Metaverse and Web3: The First Global Law Symposium
Bringing together worldwide leading minds in the legal and technology industries to discuss the impact of this technology on our profession. This program explores the global nature of Web3, the Metaverse and Digital Assets in the law. It will highlight discussions on the regulatory and legislative landscape in this space in New York, the United States and the across the world. This program also delves into multiple practice areas and discuss the impact that Web 3, the Metaverse and Digital Assets are having on how lawyers represent clients and the ever developing new legal issues presented by this new use of technology.
Topics to be Included:
- Does Your Client’s Art Pose a Trademark or Copyright Issue?
- Is It True? You Can Own Real Estate in an NFT?
- What To Do When Your Client Receives Digital Assets During a Divorce and/or as part of an Inheritance? A Family Law and Trust & Estates Update
- Smart Contracts: What are They and What Attorneys Need to Know
- Update: What Lawyers Need to Know about Tax Treatment of Digital Currency
- Entering Uncharted Territories: Regulatory & Enforcement in Web3
- Developing Issues in Litigation & Insolvency in the Web3
- An Outlook on Criminal Activity and Representation in Web 3: Money Laundering, DLTs, and More
- The Ethical Issues Created by Web3 in the Law: Privacy & Ethics
- April 28, 2023
- Online On-Demand