Eviction Moratorium: What Lawyers Need To Know About The COVID-19 Emergency
Panelists will discuss the recently enacted COVID-19 Emergency Eviction and Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2020, the changes in the legal landscape following this new law, and how to advise tenants, homeowners, and landlords throughout the state.
Featuring the Hon. Jeffrey Dinowitz (NYS Assembly 81st District), providing an overview of Act and key provisions, members of the Real Property Law Section and General Practice Section will join the panel and provide practical guidance and the information you need to effectively represent your clients. Ample time will be left for Q&A.
Reasons to Attend:
- Get an overview of the Act and key provisions, including the 60 day stay, and further stays until May 1, 2021.
- Understand the requirements of the standard hardship declaration form – What is it? What information is required? Who decides if someone qualifies?
- Get advice on effectively representing tenants, homeowners and landlords
- Learn about next steps and what to do if a tenant is causing a substantial safety hazard to others
- Learn about the prohibition on negative credit decisions to homeowners who receive a stay on mortgage foreclosure, tax foreclosure or tax lien sales
- Review the Senior Citizens’ Homeowner Exemption and Disabled Homeowner Exemption programs
- January 15, 2021
- Online On-Demand