I’ve Got Your Back: Drafting, Understanding & Enforcing (AM2021)
Join LawPay's Director of Education, Claude Ducloux, for a 60-minute Presentation covering:
- Understanding the purposes of indemnity clauses, and how they differ from hold harmless, guaranty, and surety;
- Three types of agreements usually requiring indemnity;
- The three “components” of an indemnity claim;
- Examples and forms for numerous options, conditions or alternatives;
- Understanding terminology: caps, baskets, and thresholds;
- The importance of clear “causation” clauses (“due to” or “arising out of”);
- Understanding what “damages” will include;
- How Waivers can work in indemnity;
- The Express Negligence Doctrine; and
- Fair Notice requirements
Thank you to our Sponsor!
BLACK FRIDAY SALE
Now through December 1, save 30% off all NYSBA Publications, downloadable forms, and our Automated Power of Attorney, when you use the code PUB9435 at checkout.
Note: Does not apply to Practical Skills Series titles.
- January 29, 2021
- Online On-Demand