Starting A Solo Practice From Scratch: Business, Legal And Ethical Issues
This program will be a live webinar on Wednesday, July 22, 2020. You may purchase the online On-Demand program below. The program will be available for viewing the following business day (upon completion of the live webinar). You can access the program through your Learning Dashboard.
One of the great things about being a lawyer is that you don’t have to spend your life working for other people: you can always “hang out your shingle” and practice on your own. When you start your own law practice, you are an entrepreneur and will face many of the same management challenges entrepreneurs face when starting new businesses. Like any entrepreneur, you will need to create a business, marketing and operations plans to ensure that your enterprise will be successful.
In this fast-paced program, you will learn the fundamental business skills necessary to build a successful solo law practice anywhere in the United States, from an experienced lawyer who has run a highly successful solo practice from a home office for the past 25 years.
Among the topics covered are:
- Choosing the Right “Practice Mix” and Client Base
- Deciding Whether or Not to Work from a Home Office
- Tax Deductible Expenses and the Home Office Deduction
- Should You Form a Professional Corporation or LLC?
- Finding Resources: The Six Things Every Solo Law Practice Needs
- Time Management for the Solo Lawyer
- Marketing Your Practice Effectively and Professionally
- Planning Your Cash Flow to Ensure Profitability
- How to Manage Your Clients
- How (and How Much) to Bill Your Clients
- Managing Growth: Should You Take On a Partner?
Clifford R. Ennico, Esq. – Law Offices of Clifford R. Ennico
Carol Schiro Greenwald – MarketingPartners
- Online On-Demand