The Nuts And Bolts Of Representing Landlords And Tenants In 2021
Landlord and tenant practice has significantly changed in New York State. This program will take you step by step through the current process. Get practical advice and information you need to effectively represent and counsel your clients.
Topics to Include:
- Get an overview of the recently enacted COVID-19 Emergency Eviction and Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2020 Act and key provisions, including the 60 day stay, and further stays until May 1, 2021
- Understand the requirements of the standard hardship declaration form – What is it? What information is required? Who decides if someone qualifies?
- Get advice on effectively representing tenants, homeowners and landlords
- Learn about next steps and what to do if a tenant is causing a substantial safety hazard to others
- Learn about the prohibition on negative credit decisions to homeowners who receive a stay on mortgage foreclosure, tax foreclosure or tax lien sales
- Review the Senior Citizens’ Homeowner Exemption and Disabled Homeowner Exemption programs
Massimo F. D'Angelo, Esq., Akerman LLP
Jennie Stephens-Romero, Esq., Make the Road New York
- February 12, 2021
- Online On-Demand