Trusts and Estates Law Section (AM2021)
Triggering the Statute of Limitations: Ten Years After Schneider and in the COVID Zoom Zone
The program will be comprised of three parts:
- Section Annual Meeting, Report of Nominating Committee and Election of Officers
- “Triggering the Statute of Limitations: Ten Years After Schneider“
- Lessons learned; case law update; triggering the SOL in final client communication.
“The COVID Zoom Zone: Execution and Litigation in a Virtual World”
- Mock demonstration with attorney witnesses and client; Status of Executive Orders and proposed legislation; potential pitfalls in due execution- strict compliance, testamentary capacity and undue influence; best practices to avoid/protect against litigation; overview of recent/current litigation with remotely executed documents.
Key Highlights and Takeaways
- Understand the impact of Matter of Schneider after 10 years, including best practices for planners and litigators, the 3 “Ds” (document, document, document); documenting triggering of SOL.
- The “do’s and don’ts” in remote execution, strict compliance with Executive Orders and helpful tips to protect document integrity and avoiding litigating Wills, Trusts and other documents executed virtually.
Jill Choate Beier, Beier & Associates, PLLC.
Kathryn Grant Madigan, Levene Gouldin & Thompson, LLP.
David A. Bamdad, Meltzer, Lippe, Goldstein & Breitstone, LLP.
- January 27, 2021
- Online On-Demand