STOCKHOLM REGIONAL MEETING COURSE MATERIALS
MAY 6-7, 2019
Greetings! Thank you for registering for the International Section’s Stockholm Regional Meeting.
Below are the links to all course materials. It’s easy to access your Electronic Course Materials!
Let’s get started.
Accessing your Electronic Course Materials is just a click away! Please note that some files are large and may take a few minutes to load, depending on your internet connection.
Click the links below to access your Electronic Course Materials.
Panel 1 – In-House Counsel Panel: Exploring Legal-Tech’s Existing and Future Influence on the Practice of Law (1.5 Professional Practice)
Panel 2 – Challenges for Start-Ups: US & EU Economic Policies and Regulations (1 Professional Practice)
Panel 3 – Protection of Intellectual Property in Early Stage Ventures (1 Professional Practice)
Panel 4 – Starting a Start-Up: Should US Practitioners Always Choose US Law to Govern Transactional Agreements? (1 Professional Practice)
- Commercial Division Rules
- Court Websites
- FRCP Rule 4 CPLR 301 302
- Introduction to Discovery
- NYBCL 1314
- NYGOL 5-1401
- NYGOL 5-1402
- Preliminary Conference Order
- Revised CDAC Brochure
- Statute of limitations Chart
- Swedish Contract Law
- U.S. District Court Judge Sidney Stein Practice Rules
- Uniform Rules for NYS Trial Courts
- Westlaw Document Daimler AG v Barbara Bauman
Panel 5 – Establishing a Business in the US: Do’s and Don’ts of Structure, Tax, IP, Employment, Immigration, Compliance and Other Legal Matters (2 Professional Practice)
- Corporate Structuring of a Business
- Tax Planning Memorandum
- Checklist of US Tax
- IP Protection
- Establishing a Business in the U.S. as an E-2 Treaty Investor
- U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Categories
- The Intra-company Transferee (L-1) Visa
- Employment Law Issues for U.S. Business Owners
- U.S. Tax Considerations for Establishing a Business in the U.S.
Panel 5 Power Points
Panel 6 – Investing in a Start-Up in Sweden: Do’s and Don’ts (2 Professional Practice)
- Considerations for U.S. Investors in Europe
- Investing in Sweden – Fundamental Organizational Landscape
- Swedish Comments on U.S. Style Term Sheets
Panel 7 – Emerging Issues in Ecommerce: Competition, Distribution, Data and Platform Power (1.5 Professional Practice)
- Panel Outline
- Judgement of the Court
- Meyer v KALANICK
- Case AT.39740 Google Shopping
- Case AT.40182 Pioneer
- Leegin Creative Leather Products v PSKS, Inc.
- European Commission Statement
- Panel 7 Index
Panel 7 Power Points
Panel 8 – What to Do When It All Goes Wrong: New Challenges Facing Litigators in the Digital Era (1.5 Professional Practice)
Panel 8 Power Point