Each year, the Real Property Law Section has honored an outstanding individual real estate practitioner with its Professionalism Award. The Section’s Award Committee is seeking nominations for the 2020 award, to be presented virtually at the Section’s Annual Meeting during January 2021.
Some of the criteria which are used to identify an individual are as follows:
- The nominee possesses in her/his practice a continuing civility and appreciation for others.
- The individual possess an outstanding level of competence legal ability and achievement.
- The nominee has in her/his practice made a strong contribution to the development of the practice of law, the improvement of the practice of law, particularly in the field of education frequent lectures in CLE programs writings publications.
- The nominee over the years has engaged in mentoring of younger attorneys.
- The nominee has involved herself/himself in Bar activities, both on the local level and the State level, holding positions as an officer or chairing committees, etc.
- The nominee has been a voice on legal issues.
- The nominee has throughout his/her career maintained the highest ethical standards.
Multiple nominations for the same individual are welcome, as are endorsements by local county bar associations.
Nomination deadline: October 16, 2020
Completed nomination form and supporting materials should be sent to:
Peter V. Coffey, Esq.
Sciocchetti & Abbott, PLLC
800 Troy Schenectady Rd Ste 102
Latham, NY 12110
PAST RECIPIENTS OF THE REAL PROPERTY LAW SECTION PROFESSIONALISM AWARD
2000 – Eugene Morris
2001 – James M. Pedowitz
2003 – Bernard Rifkin
2004 – John E. Blyth
2005 – Harold A. Lubell
2006 – John Hall
2007 – Prof. Robert Zinman
2008 – Mel Mitzner
2009 – Lorraine Power Tharp (posthumous)
2010 – Bill Colavito
2011 – Joshua Stein
2012 – Karl Holtzschue
2013 – no award presented
2014 – Michael J. Berey
2015 – Peter V. Coffey
2016 – Andrew L. Herz
2017 – Anne Reynolds Copps
2018 – Richard S. Fries
2019 – Francis X. Carroll
2020 – Carol A. Sigmond