21st Century Diversity & Inclusion: Making Modern Workplaces
Program Description: A guide for attorneys, judges, and business people regarding the major issues of diversity and inclusion in the 21st Century. A review of the provisions of the main federal and New York State laws concerning provisions of anti-discrimination, anti-harassment and anti-retaliation will be discussed.
The program will also cover protection for sexual orientation, discussion of equal pay issues, the current status of the federal Equal Rights Amendment, the Americans with Disabilities Act and provisions under the federal Family Medical Leave Act, concerns related to COVID vaccine mandates in the workplace, and the law as it pertains to the accessibility of websites for those with qualifying disabilities.
- NY Human Rights Law
- Federal Title VII, Pregnancy Discrimination Act and Religion
- Protection of Sexual Orientation Class, and What’s Next
- Americans with Disabilities Act, and COVID Vaccines
- Accessible Websites
- Equal Pay Issues
- What About the Federal Equal Rights Amendment as of 2021?
You can lean more about Professor Michael Fox and his book A Guide to Diversity & Inclusion in The 21st Century Workplace, Second Edition by clicking here: https://nysba.org/products/a-guide-to-diversity-inclusion-in-the-21st-century-workplace-second-edition/
- October 15, 2021
- 12:00 PM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Professor Michael Fox, Mount Saint Mary College, School of Business Columbia University School of Law
- Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education