Advising Veterans Part 2: How To Read A DD214
This program will discuss how to read a DD214 military discharge form and how to identify common errors in the form that can be identified from other records, such as incorrect periods of overseas service, missing awards and decorations and incomplete listing of military education. We will also discuss applicable service regulations and the significance of authority for separation and impact of various separation codes.
This program is free to all NYSBA members.
- July 11, 2022
- 1:00 PM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Roy M. Diehl, Veterans Defense Program, NYS Defenders Association
- Chad H. Lennon, Tully Rinckey, PLLC
- Jessica D. Parker, Committee on Veterans Chair
- Gary Port, Gary Port Household
- Chantal Camille Wentworth-Mullin, Oswego County District Attorney's Office
- Committee on Veterans
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education