EASL MBLC 2021: Annual Music Litigation Review; Music Industry Damage Calculations (Session 4)
Litigation Update on the Music Front: The last year has seen many exciting copyright and entertainment developments in the litigation arena. Five experienced panelists who have litigated extensively in the music industry will examine some of the high profile cases and developments (e.g., 2nd Circuit right of publicity preemption under the Copyright Act; early dismissal of infringement claims in Clanton v. UMG; litigation under the recent expansion of New York’s anti-SLAPP law; effect of new fair use decisions on music infringement litigation; the 9th Circuit’s dismissal of infringement claims based on performance of pre-1972 sound recordings in Flo & Eddie v. Sirius XM), both for their legal impact and to highlight the parties’ litigation strategies. The panel will also look at the practical effects and implications of these cases and trends for litigation in the industry going forward.
Following this 2-hour Litigation panel is a bonus program from 2 – 3 p.m. discussing damage calculations in the music industry.
Thank you to our sponsors!
- November 19, 2021
- 12:00 PM
- 3:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Benjamin Akley, Esq., Pryor Cashman LLP
- Speaker: Hillel I Parness, Esq., Parness Law Firm, PLLC
- Speaker: Fred Braunstein, Esq., Akerman LLP
- Speaker: Robert Clarida, Esq., Reitler Kailas & Rosenblatt
- Speaker: Christine Lepera, Esq., Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP
- Moderator;Planning Co-Chair: Paul LiCalsi, Esq., Reitler Kailas & Rosenblatt LLP
- Speaker: Christian D. Carbone, Esq., Partner and Co-Chair of Litigation, Loeb & Loeb LLP, New York
- Speaker: Joseph W. Lesovitz, CPA/ABV/CFF/CFA/CFE, Partner, Citrin Cooperman, Philadelphia
- Speaker: Barry M. Massarky, President – Massarsky Consulting, New York
- Planning Co-Chair: Christopher Hull, Citrin Cooperman
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education