Health Law Section Fall Meeting Part 2: Ethical Issues And Legal Reform In The New COVID-19 Healthcare Environment (Webinar)
Join us for a two-part series on Ethical Issues and Legal Reform in the New COVID-19 Healthcare Environment.
Part 2: Controversies, Legal and Regulatory Reform and Moving Forward with Patient Care Delivery:
As the Pandemic runs its course and fades over time, legal and ethical issues will continue to surface as we move toward a new normal. Speakers during Part 2 will discuss the legislative status of the immunities offered to health care providers; the health care controversies and litigation arising within all tiers of the health care delivery system in the wake of the human rights and public health crises presented by the COVID-19 Pandemic. And moving forward with optimism, speakers will highlight how the Pandemic has demonstrated the benefits and need to expand the use of telemedicine long after the Pandemic subsides. Finally, experts will discuss the status of developing a safe and effective vaccine and the issues of achieving herd immunity.
Health Law Section Member Pricing: $50
Not yet a member of the Health Law Section? Join the Section and save on this program and many others!
To register for Part 1 of the Health Law Section Fall Meeting, click here.
- October 30, 2020
- 9:00 AM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
Agenda - October 30, 2020
3.0 MCLE Credits - 1.0 Professional Practice, 1.0 Skills, 1.0 Ethics
9:00-9:15 a.m. - Welcome and Introductions
9:15-9:30 a.m. - Taskforce Report – Update on Status
9:30-10:20 a.m. - Controversies in Long-Term Care, OPWDD, and Residential Homes
This panel will discuss the challenges faced by medical practitioners and attorneys in dealing with cases related to long-term are patients, the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), and residential homes.
10:20-10:30 a.m. - Break
10:30-11:20 a.m. - Telemedicine: Before, During, and After COVID
Join this expert discussion on the changes and intricacies of in the world of telemedicine during COVID-19.
11:20-11:30 a.m. - Break
11:30-12:20 a.m. - An Update on the Status of a COVID Vaccine: Getting to Herd Immunity
Ethical questions arise with the creation of a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine. Join this discussion of navigating difficult legal and ethical terrain while striving for progress in public health.
- Program Chair: Karen Gallinari, Esq., NYS Bar Association Health Law Section Chair Adjunct Professor, Elisabeth Haub School of Law, Pace University
- Program Chair: Anoush Koroghlian-Scott, Esq., Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Program Chair: Linda Clark, Esq., Barclay Damon LLP
- Speaker: Stephen B. Hanse, Esq., NYS Health Facilities Association
- Speaker: Jane Bello-Burke Esq., Hodgson Russ LLP
- Speaker: Thomas Merrill, Esq., NYC Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Speaker: Brian O'Grady, CDPHP
- Speaker: Dr. Betsy Rausch-Phung, NYSDOH Bureau of Immunization
- Speaker: Joseph J. Ranni, Esq., Ranni Law Firm
- Speaker: Mary Beth Morrissey, Esq., Fordham University GHIMC
- Speaker: Daniel Meier, Esq., Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aronoff
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education
- Health Law Section