Hot Topics In Dispute Resolution From The NYSBA Resolution Roundtable Blog
Hot Topics in Dispute Resolution from the NYSBA Resolution Roundtable Blog
For over three years, the NYSBA Resolution Roundtable Blog posts weekly questions about dispute resolution. Some of the topics have been controversial and have received many thoughtful responses from our ADR community.
A panel of expert arbitrators/mediators will explore and debate many of the more controversial questions related to:
– Disclosures based on social media use
- – Role of Wing Arbitrators
- – Tentative Rulings
- – Arbitrators allowing almost any evidence
- – Open and shut statutory defense to the claim
- – Selecting the Tribunal Chair
- – When an arbitration agreement contains a provision permitting the award of attorneys’ fees and costs to the prevailing party
- – Use of interim awards
- – Arbitrators asking questions and bifurcation of hearings/use of interim awards.
- And, many more!
All participants will be provided the blog booklets with hundreds of other questions and we will ask for audience participation.
- February 4, 2021
- 1:00 PM
- 2:15 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Moderator: Charles J. Moxley, Jr., MoxleyADR LLC
- Moderator: Jeffrey T. Zaino, American Arbitration Association
- Speaker: Mark Bunim, Case Closure, LLC
- Speaker: Raoul Drapeau, Independent Arbitrator/Mediator
- Speaker: Hon. Deanne Wilson, Independent Arbitrator/Mediator
- Speaker: Steven Skulnik, Thomson Reuters, Arbitrator/Mediator
- Speaker: Kyle-Beth Hilfer, Hilfer Law
- Commercial & Federal Litigation Section