Litigation In The Asia-Pacific Region III: What You Need To Know
Litigation In The Asia-Pacific Region III: What You Need To Know (Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Taiwan)
Thursday, April 7, 2022 | 9:30 p.m. – 10:45 p.m. (EST)
Friday, April 8, 2022 | 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. (Jakarta, Phnom Penh) | 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. (Taipei) | 7:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. (New Delhi)
As international trade and business continues to recover post-COVID, cross-border transactions between the U.S., the rest of the world and the Asia-Pacific region are beginning to rebound, although the current conflict between Russia and Ukraine and the economic and political responses from the rest of the world may affect the timing and shape of that rebound. As with all commercial transactions, there is always the risk of disputes arising and the parties ending up in litigation, so knowing what is the same, and what is different, about litigation and court proceedings in the Asia-Pacific will be important for those of you who already do business there as well as for those of you hoping to enter the region.
This webinar will address the key issues that may affect your dispute and how you think about it, whether you are a plaintiff or a defendant. Each speaker will describe several aspects of litigation and of the court system in the speaker's jurisdiction that international parties should keep in mind, including the impact of COVID. The presentations will be followed by a roundtable discussion among the speakers with time for audience questions.
FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH NYSBA, you first need to create an account and then register for the webinar as follows:
1) Create an account with NYSBA by going to nysba.org. Choose “I am not affiliated with any company” when creating the account.
2) Activate the account by clicking Reset Password (click the link in the automated email that will be sent).
3) Go to the webinar registration page.
4) Click the link to register for the event.
**If you have any issues creating a NYSBA account or register for the webinar, please contact our Member Resource Center (MRC) at [email protected] or at 800-582-2452.
- April 7, 2022
- 9:30 PM
- 10:45 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Moderator: Tsugumichi Watanabe, Esq., TMI Associates, Tokyo, Japan
- Speaker: Stefanny Oktaria Simorangkir, Esq.,, Budidjaja International Lawyers, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Speaker: Srinivas Kotni, Esq., Lexport, New Delhi, India
- Speaker: Lor Sok, Esq., Sok Xing & Hwang, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Speaker: Jane Wang, Esq., Formosa Transnational, Taipei, Taiwan
- International Section
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education