Passing The Torch: Building Sustainable Firms With Age Inclusive Succession Planning
Every law firm must carefully consider and plan for how the firm will continue to operate and effectively represent its clients in the face of expected and unexpected events, such as the retirement or sudden illness of its members and other emergencies. The keys to achieving sustainable firms are age inclusive succession planning, knowledge transfer and role shifts. Given the current demographics of attorneys, clients and the marketplace, there is no viable alternative but to plan for and embrace change. In this interactive presentation that includes break-out sessions for attendees, Phyllis Weiss Haserot, President of Practice Development Counsel, moderates a panel discussion of professionals who will address:
- How to identify and retain the firm's likely bridge-builders between generations.
- The need to open the tent to younger lawyer leaders-in-training.
- Work legacy protection and organizational culture.
This is the third of three presentations to tackle generational issues at law firms. The first presentation was "Retaining Clients Across Generations", and the second was "Embracing GENgagement to Win the DEI Challenge".
Registrants for this program receive a 20% discount off of Phyllis Weiss Haserot's book, Embrace GENgagement using promo EMGNYA upon checkout.
- August 12, 2021
- 12:30 PM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Phyllis Weiss Haserot, Practice Development Counsel, President
- Jordan Garner, Esq., Leason Ellis LLP
- Deborah A. Skakel, Esq., Blank Rome
- Committee on Law Practice Management
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion