Preparing For Mediation: Your Clients And Yourself – Video Replay
MEDIATION ADVOCACY – STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
Preparing for Mediation: Your Clients and Yourself
This program is sponsored by the Subcommittee on Mediation Advocacy for Practitioners of the Dispute Resolution Section.
A three-part webinar CLE series providing practical strategies and techniques for successful client advocacy in mediation. A faculty of experienced lawyer-mediators will share their insights and offer practice tips for effective mediation, demonstrating the lawyering skills that are most likely to obtain better client outcomes but differ from what work in trial advocacy. The program is intended for litigation attorneys who are both new to and experienced with mediation as a dispute-resolution process. The entire series will be available as a bundle once the recordings are ready.
This session will explore ways that attorneys can prepare both themselves and their clients for a successful mediation. Emphasis will be placed on shifting focus to resolution of the parties’ dispute rather than “litigation by other means.”
Please note that since this is a Video Replay, the Skills portion of this program does not qualify for credit for newly admitted attorneys. We will still take live Q&As at the end of the program.
- August 16, 2021
- 12:00 PM
- 1:15 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Welcoming Remarks: Hon. Deborah A. Kaplan, Administrative Judge, Supreme Court, New York Count
- Speaker: Michele Kern-Rappy, Senior Mediator and Senior Settlement Coordinator, New York Supreme Court
- Speaker: Ross J. Kortez, Associate, Ruskin Moscou Faltischek PC
- Speaker: Michael Starr, Principal, M Starr ADR, LLC
- Speaker: Leslie A. Berkoff, Partner, Moritt Hock & Hamroff LLP
- Speaker: Jennifer Lupo, Managing Member of Lupo Law, Arbitration and Mediation PLLC
- Speaker: Krista Gottlieb, ADR Center & Law Office of Krista Gottlieb
- Dispute Resolution Section
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education