Restaurant Re-openings: A Local And State Government Perspective On Outdoor Seating, Permitting And The SLA (Webinar)
Restaurants across the state were prohibited from serving patrons on-premises when COVID-19 hit, with carryout, curbside and delivery services being the only options. Now, as Regions of the State enter Phase 2, outdoor dining is permitted under strict guidelines. This program will provide guidance on restaurant reopening from a local and state government and municipal law perspective.
Panelists will provide an overview of recent developments relative to restaurant re-openings and outdoor seating – everything from changes in permitting on a local level to State Liquor Authority license provisions. Speakers will explore practice tips and potential pitfalls to avoid. Get the guidance you need to advise your clients in this timely webinar.
Topics to be covered include:
Governor’s Executive Orders applicable to Outdoor Dining
- NYS Dept of Health Guidelines
- NYS Liquor Authority Requirements
- SLA Application procedures
- Expansion onto Private Property
- Expansion onto Public Property
- Licenses for Public Property such as streets, sidewalks and parks
- Municipal Liability Issues
- Zoning Issues
- Examples of Local Laws and resolutions.
- Uniform Code Issues
- Neighbor Complaints
- What happens in Phase 3 when Restaurants Open?
- What happens after the emergency is lifted?
Reasons to Attend
- Get an overview of recent changes and current challenges
- Understand the interplay between local and state permitting/licensing
- Learn about outdoor seating realities and COVID-19 precautions
Introduction and Welcome:
Sharon N. Berlin, Esq., Lamb & Barnosky, LLP, Section Chair
Lisa M. Cobb, Esq., Wallace & Wallace, LLP, Poughkeepsie
James P. Horan, Esq., Wallace & Wallace, LLP, Poughkeepsie
Wade Beltramo, Esq., NYCOM, Albany
Special Section Pricing: Free for Local and State Government Law Section Members
- June 16, 2020
- 2:00 PM
- 3:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- James P. Horan, Esq., Wallace & Wallace, LLP, Poughkeepsie
- Lisa M. Cobb, Esq., Wallace & Wallace, LLP, Poughkeepsie
- Wade Beltramo, Esq., NYCOM, Albany
- Local And State Government Law Section