Risk Management New Lawyers – Video Replay
Risk Management 101 – Ethical Considerations and Practice Guidance for Lawyers
Earn ethics credit and learn how to protect your practice. This program will provide an overview of risk management and offers practice guidance. Learn about claims by type of alleged error and claims by area of practice. Attorney escrow accounts will also be covered.
- How to Avoid Falling Prey to Ransomware, Malware, Business Email Compromises, and Phishing Schemes
- How to Avoid Falling Prey to Cyber Attacks
- The Dangers of Representing Family and Friends
- Conflicts of interest | Overview of Rules 1.7 and 1.8
- Attorney Escrow Accounts, Retainers and Letter of Engagement and Disengagement
Get helpful client communication tips and learn more about the use of non-engagement letters. Gain an understanding of the benefits of providing your client a budget and a timeline. Learn how to properly withdraw from representation. Review sample retainers and letters of engagement. Get key tips on supervision and an understanding of the responsibilities of law firms, partners, managers and supervisory lawyers.
Get answers to these questions and more . . .
What exactly is an “of counsel” arrangement?
How can you properly share office space?
What amount of professional liability insurance coverage is sufficient?
What is cyber insurance and what does it not cover?
What is a written conflict waiver?
Protect your practice and earn ethics credits. Register today!
- August 4, 2023
- 11:00 AM
- 12:15 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Young Lawyers Section
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education