Role of the Attorney in Surrogate’s Court Mediation and How to Be an Ally in the Process
Some of the issues we will discuss at program are as follows:
- Role of attorneys and how they can be a valued allies in the process;
- Courts and mediators’ expectations of attorneys in mediation;
- Tips for effectively representing clients in mediation;
- How to prepare and negotiate for a successful outcome;
- Ethical consideration in mediation; and
- Different advocacy skills in mediation and court room settings.
Hon. A. Gail Prudenti, a founding member of Mediation Solutions NY, LLC and partner at Burner Prudenti Law, P.C.
Hon. Peter J. Kelly, Judge of the Surrogate’s Court of Queens County.
John G. Farinacci, Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C., a partner and chair of the Trusts, Estates and Fiduciary Litigation practice group.
Dispute Resolution Section's Trust and Estates Committee Co-Chairs Kera Reed and Amy Hsu.
If you are having any trouble registering for this event, or can't access your NYSBA account, please contact our Member Resource Center team at 800-582-2452.
SINGLE DAY PROGRAMS (Live, Webcast, Webinars & Video Replays)
Cancellations received more than 3 days from the scheduled program date: 100% refund
Cancellations received between 0-3 days from the scheduled program date: 100% refund (less the $25 cancellation fee)
Cancellations received after the scheduled program date: No refund
- October 11, 2023
- 12:30 PM
- 1:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Dispute Resolution Section
- Trusts & Estates Committee (Dispute Resolution)
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- Trusts & Estates Law Section