The “Art” Of Licensing Art: Legal And Business Considerations
The Fine Arts and Pro Bono Committees are presenting a panel to help artists, estates, licensors, and their representatives navigate the many issues to be resolved in these deals. Many fine and commercial artists are licensing their images for use on everything from fashion to NFTs. It is essential for artists and their representatives to protect themselves and to know the terms that are standard for such deals.
The panel consists of David Stark, President of Artestar, a global licensing agency and creative consultancy representing high-profile artists, photographers, designers and creatives; Erick Calderon, artist and creator of Chromie Squiggles, and founder of Art Blocks, a platform dedicated to offering generative content NFTs ; Irina Tarsis, Founder of the Center for Art Law and the Director of Legal Affairs of the Artists Rights Society, which guides artists in copyright and intellectual property matters through licensing and legal support, advocacy, and educational outreach; and Kay Murray, Kay Murray is of counsel at Baron Harris Healey, where she advises artists, writers, producers and publishers. Based in New York City, Kay’s practice focuses on minimizing risk and maximizing value for creators and publishers in the areas of copyright and fair use, licensing, libel and privacy, and newsgathering.
A $25.00 rate is available for students and artists that are not eligible to collect CLE credit for attending this program. Please use coupon code ARTLU21 upon registration.
- April 7, 2022
- 12:30 PM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Moderator: Paul Cossu, Olsoff Cahill Cossu LLP
- Planning Co-Chair: Judith Prowda, Esq., Stropheus Art Law
- Planning Co-Chair: Carol J. Steinberg. Esq., Law Firm of Carol J. Steinberg
- Speaker: Erick Calderon, Art Blocks
- Speaker: Kay Murray, Baron Harris Healey
- Speaker: Irina Tarsis, Artists Rights Society
- Speaker: David Stark, Artestar
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education