The Impact of COVID-19 on Sports: A Legal Perspective (Webinar)
This webinar will explore legal and business issues related to the sudden impact of the novel Coronavirus on professional and amateur sports, in March of 2020. Attorneys representing sports associations and leagues, as well as a professional athlete, will discuss the myriad of practical, legal, and business issues they had to contend with upon orders of governors around the United States to cease all business operations, and all educational institutions closing their campuses to in-person operations. Finally, the panel will explore the legal and business framework for the reemergence of competition by sports leagues and associations while the novel Coronavirus remains a threat to the health and safety of athletes, spectators and workers at all levels of the sports industry.
- June 10, 2020
- 12:00 PM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Max Schnur, Speaker, ATP Pro Tennis Player
- Scott Bearby, Esq., Speaker, NCAA
- Karen Gaunt, Esq., Speaker, Outside Counsel to USA Baseball
- Jeffrey Aber, Program Chair, Jeffrey G. Aber, P.C.
- Jill Pilgrim, Program Chair, Pilgrim & Associates
- Sonja Keating, Esq., Speaker, U.S. Equestrian Federation
- Paul Haase, Esq., Speaker, Octagon, Inc.
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section