The Right To An Education, Housing And Care Under The New York State Constitution: Where We Are And Where We Are Going
1. Article XI — Education and CFE: (a) Evan Davis; (b) Carmen Beauchamp Ciparick; and (c) Michael Rebell
2. Article XVII — Rights of the disabled: Roger Bearden (Exec Deputy Com'r of the NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and former head of the Disability Law Center of New York Lawyers for the Public Interest).
3. Article XVII — Rights of the homeless/to housing: Joshua Goldfein (Attorney at New York Legal Aid Society who has been and is the lead litigator on housing rights issues in NYC including recent cases involving housing COVID homeless and immigrants — litigated the constitutional issues we would be addressing).
Seth Agata | Police Benevolent Association of New York State, Inc.
Program Vice Chair:
Desmond Lyons | Founder & Partner, Lyons McGovern, LLP
Christopher Bopst | Wilder & Linneball LLP
Michael A. Rebell, Professor and Executive Director, Center for Educational Equity, Teachers College, Columbia University
Joshua Goldfein, Staff Attorney, The Legal Aid Society
Roger Bearden, Executive Deputy Commissioner, NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities
Carmen Beauchamp Ciparick, Co-Chair of the National Appeals & Legal Issues Group, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Evan A. Davis, Senior Counsel, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
If you are having any trouble registering, please contact our Member Resource Center Team at 800-582-2452.
CLE SINGLE DAY PROGRAMS (Live, Webcast, Webinars & Video Replays)
Cancellations received more than 3 days from the scheduled program date: 100% refund
Cancellations received between 0-3 days from the scheduled program date: 100% refund (less the $25 cancellation fee)
Cancellations received after the scheduled program date: No refund
- March 1, 2023
- 11:00 AM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Committee on the New York State Constitution
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education