The Rising Tide Of ESG Litigation
Rapidly proliferating ESG considerations present novel litigation risks for companies, including asset managers. A panel of attorneys from Jones Day will give us an overview of the growing body of ESG private litigation, regulatory enforcement actions as well as state-level ESG-related statutes and investigations, and will share some thoughts on how to mitigate and navigate these risks. The presentation will focus mostly on litigation trends in the US but will also cover developments in Europe that may affect US-based institutions.
Please note, from 1:00 p.m. to 1.30 p.m., there will an open forum for discussion for the members of the ESG Committee as well as those interested in the work of the committee. This part will not be recorded.
- March 10, 2023
- 12:00 PM
- 1:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Michael Butowsky, Of Counsel, Jones Day, New York, NY
- Jayant (Jay) Tambe, Practice Leader Financial Markets, Jones Day, New York, NY
- Howard Sidman, Partner, Jones Day, New York, NY
- Lauri Sawyer, Partner, Jones Day, New York, NY
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- ESG Committee
- Private Investment Funds Committee
- Securities Regulation Committee